Monday, March 11, 2013

The harsh realities....

Ever have those days when you wake up pissed off at the world with little to no explanation of why you want to kick someone in the balls?

This is my blaring reality today.

I don't know why I am feeling so snarky and potentially dangerous to anyone who might DARE cross me. But, I pity the fool who would try and get in the way of any of my routine exploits this afternoon. I am ready for a grand bitch slap or a humiliating verbal undressing if any offender might happen to arise. So beware, those of you who might think today is the day to poke this bear.

In other news (probably coupled closely with my irritable demeanor), I am feeling a bit restless about life these days. Mind you, I am deeply thankful for the job, friends, and living situation I presently have, but, there is an itching inside that hasn't been present for awhile for something greater to be accomplished with this little light of mine. I don't know. Same struggle, different day?

SIGH.

It's the constant re-orienting of values and priorities that makes me so tired. To be great is to actually be less. To be rich is to actually be poor. To be on top is to actually take care of those on bottom.

What if I just want to be on top in the socially accepted way? What if I just want the spotlight and all it has to offer?

They say "it's loneliest at the top" but I can't imagine it's anymore lonely than where I am right now. I can be in a room full of people and still...I feel alone. Oh WELL! Chin up, smile on, keep it moving.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment